How to Play American Roulette Online
The roulette game is one of the oldest casino games in history, dating almost two centuries ago. Due to high demand, an increasing number of roulette variants are now available at online casinos in 日本 . One of the most popular variations is the American roulette, which is, of course, the top choice for 日本 players. In this guide, we’ll walk you through all the details, including the game rules and our best tips.
Generate Cash with American Roulette at the Top Online Casinos in 2023:
Many real money casinos offer a number of different roulette games in their selection. American roulette, as the name suggests, is the most popular variant in the region. So, naturally, many 日本 players also prefer it. Originally, the game was brought over by French migrants in the 1800s and it gained momentum soon after. However, the American modification to the wheel adds an extra pocket with a zero. Hence, the house edge in this variant is higher in comparison to, say, French roulette. American roulette is so popular, in fact, that you can expect to find live casino options in most online casinos.
The American Roulette Wheel
The most important aspect you need to know about when it comes to the American roulette wheel is that there is an extra pocket. So, there are the well familiar pockets with numbers 1 through 36 in black and red. Of course, there is also a 0 pocket in green but there is another zero pocket, too. The additional pocket is also in green but with two zeros (00). Hence why the American roulette wheel is also referred to as the double-zero wheel.
Additionally, the sequence of the numbers itself is also different, making this variant unique from others. Moreover, the actual betting structure on the table is in English, which is also a major difference. Because of the additional 00 pocket, the house edge here is higher in comparison to other variations. Therefore players are at a bigger disadvantage thanks to this feature. The wheel number sequence is as follows: 0, 28, 9, 26, 30, 11, 7, 20, 32, 17, 5, 22, 34, 15, 3, 24, 36, 13, 1,
00, 27, 10, 25, 29, 12, 8, 19, 31, 18, 6, 21, 33, 16, 4, 23, 35, 14, 2
American Roulette Bet Options
Just like with all other roulette games, your objective in American roulette is to guess in which pocket the ball will end up. Placing a bet is as simple as it gets – picks your lucky number and place a stake. Once all players have done the same, the croupier will spin the wheel and throw the ball in. Eventually, the wheel will stop and the ball will settle in one of the 38 pockets. Of course, if you predicted correctly then you win some cash.
Actually, you don’t always have to bet on one specific number. You can also bet on groups of numbers using the various bet options. They can be divided into two categories – inside and outside bets.
Inside bets are made on a single number, nearby ones, or even small groups of numbers. Here are your inside bet options and their payouts:
- Straight Bet – This bet is placed on a single number including 0 and 00. It has a payout of 35 to 1 with a 2.63% winning odds.
- Split bet – Split bet covers two adjacent numbers with a payout of 17 to 1 and a 5.26% winning odds.
- Street bet – This kind of bet is placed on all three numbers on a line. It has a payout of 11 to 1 and 7.89% winning odd.
- Corner bet – Corner bets are placed on a group of 4 numbers and the chips must be placed at the corner where the numbers intersect. The payout on this bet is 8 to 1.
- Five bet – In this bet, 5 numbers are bet on the first 5 numbers, i.e. 0, 00, 1, 2 and 3. The payout ratio is to 5 to 1.
- Line Bet – In line bet, a player bet on 6 numbers which are on two adjacent lines. The payout ratio is 5 to 1.
Alternatively, you can also opt for outside bets which cover larger groups of numbers. Here are the different kinds and their payouts:
- Column bet – A column bet is placed on the entire column. The chip is placed on a 2 to 1 at the end of the column.
- Dozen bet – This bet is placed on a group of 12 numbers. The first 12, (1-12), the second 12, (13-24) and the third 12 (25-36). The payout for this bet is 2:1.
- Bet on color – As the name goes, this bet is placed either on the Red or Black colors of the roulette table, payout rate of 1 to 1.
- Odd/even numbers bet – In this kind of bet, players bet on all even or odd numbers.payout rate of 1 to 1.
- Bet on low/high numbers – American roulette game board has low box numbers ranging from 1 to 18 and high box numbers from 19-36. The payout from this bet is evenly 1 to 1.
The Best Betting Strategies
Of course, American roulette is a game of chance and without some luck, there’s no hope. However, adopting a betting strategy can go a long way in improving your winning chances. The most popular strategies include the Fibonacci and D’alembert systems.
On the one hand, the Fibonacci strategy offers a simple way to come up with your next number. It’s a progressive betting approach where you simply follow a natural sequence. So, to get your next number simply use the sum of the two preceding ones.
Alternatively, another progressive betting system you could use is the D’alembert strategy. But this time you will lower your bet by one unit if you win and increase it by one unit if you lose.
Top Tips for Playing American Roulette
There are some tips that everyone, a beginner or a seasoned player, should follow in order to succeed. Here is our best advice:
- Get familiar with the game rules first;
- Remember that strategies don’t guarantee wins;
- Don’t bet against yourself;
- Do not exceed your budget limit.
Enjoy the Game
Playing the different types of roulette games can be a very entertaining and fun hobby. Not to mention, you could make some serious cash if luck is on your side. One of the most popular roulette variants is the American roulette, which is available just about anywhere. Find out what 日本 gaming platforms offer it on our casino reviews page and enjoy casino games at the best online casinos.
No strategy will guarantee you a win in a roulette game, it can only help you manage your bankroll and increase your chances.
Yes, many casinos allow new players to try out games for free, although some might require you have an account first.
Yes but it depends on your casino operator.
38 pockets. Those include pockets for the numbers 1 through 36, plus 0 and 00.
In comparison to other variants, yes. The additional pocket on the wheel brings up the house edge. However, the player disadvantage is still relatively small.