The Ultimate Guide to Online Sic Bo
The selection of games at online casinos in 日本 nowadays is truly impressive. Regardless of your preference, you’ll be sure to find everything from casino classics like poker to loads of fun slots. But the best gaming destinations out there make sure to also offer a variety of alternative selections. One such non-mainstream option is Sic Bo – a dice game with great potential for profits.
In this complete guide, we’ll tell you all about Sic Bo and how it works, so that you’re ready to play right away. Additionally, we’ll discuss in detail your betting options, along with some of the special vocabulary. Moreover, we’ll show you our top tips to increase your chances of winning and we’ll also discover the game’s history together.
Play Sic Bo at the Top Online Casinos in 2023:
From Ancient China to Modern Times
Sic Bo is one of the two dice games available at real money online casinos for you to enjoy. Actually, this casino favorite has been around for a long time and it all started in ancient China. At the time, this game was commonly played as a means to relax by combat fighters. Of course, dice were not yet around, so other objects were used instead. For example, shells, small animal bones, or rocks were some of the common choices.
Originally, Sic Bo started in China but later in the 20th-century immigrants brought it with them to America. Hence, nowadays you can find this game just about anywhere off- or online. It goes without saying that Sic Bo is incredibly popular, especially in Asia, and it actually has many names. In fact, in some places around the world, it’s still referred to as Dai Siu, Tai Sai, or Hi-lo. But regardless of what you might call it, the modern Sic Bo game we know and play now involves three dice.
Basic Rules of Sic Bo
Unlike craps, which is the other dice game option at most casinos, Sic Bo is 100% a game of chance. Besides, Sic Bo involves three dice and not two like craps, plus it has some basic rules. Of course, just like with any other casino game, you will have to place your bets before rolling the dice. Your objective is to guess correctly what the dice will show.
So the dice outcome is all that’s involved in determining whether your bet has succeeded or not. Needless to say, each dice roll can either lead to a win or a loss and there’s no way to predict that. But it’s important to remember that the casino always has an edge over players, which is called the house edge. So you should carefully select what games you play and aim for those with low house edges.
How to play Sic Bo?
Although initially, Sic Bo involved only two dice, the modern version requires three. However, despite that the gameplay is fairly simple, so here’s what to do:
- Have a set budget – Having a set budget for your games helps you to play responsibly and avoid risky bets.
- Fund your casino account – Just find the ‘deposit’ page at your online casino and follow the instructions.
- Place your bet – Simply put your chips on the corresponding box on the table of the combination you think will win. Remember to keep in mind that not all combinations are equally likely to occur.
- Roll your dice – When you play Sic Bo online it’s usually just a click of a button that will release the dice.
- Take your winnings – If your rolled dice matches the combination you bet on, then you’ve won. How you receive the winnings, however, will vary at each online casino.
Sic Bo Betting Options & Payouts
Online Sic Bo offers numerous types of bets for you to choose from and each one has its perks. Here are your options:
This remains one of the simplest bet types in Sic Bo and it’s exactly what the name suggests. Basically, this is a bet on the sum total of the three rolled dice. The numbers within this range can be from 2 to 17, while 3 and 18 are the triple 1 and triple 6 bets, respectively. Payout odds for this bet differ based on the probability of occurring.
Wrapping your head around the single bet is not complicated at all, in fact, it’s extremely simple. This is just a bet that a specified number will show after a dice roll. However, single bets are not the brightest idea, as chances for this are extremely low.
Think of double bets as two single bets and you’re set. A double bet is simply one that predicts that 2 of the 3 rolled dice will show 2 specific numbers. If your choice is correct the payouts are great (10 to 1) but the probability of this occurring is very slim.
Much like with the single and double bets, the triple bet is all about predicting the exact outcome of the dice. If the three dice show exactly the same numbers as those you chose for the bet – you win. However, this is one of the most unlikely bets with a probability of 216 to 1. But the payout odds are very lucrative, too – 180 to 1. On the other hand, any triple bet is much more likely to occur. This is a bet on any number showing thrice once the dice are rolled. The probability, in this case, is 35 to 1 and the payouts would be 30 to 1.
This is a bet on any 2 numbers of your choice occurring after a dice roll. For example, a bet on the combination of 3 and 5 would win if the numbers 3 and 5 occur after the dice roll. This is irrespective of the number on the third dice. Payouts are typically a 6 to 1, meaning 6 units pay for every 1 unit.
Big and Small Bets
This involves betting on the sum of the three dice being within a certain range. Small bets win if the resulting sum is between 4 and 10, while big bets include the 11-17 range. However, if any number occurs thrice both big and small bets lose. The payouts here are 1 to 1, making it a fairly conservative option.
There are some terms you may come across when playing Sic Bo online and it’s important to know what they mean. So here’s a quick rundown of some of the most common ones:
- Cage – Also called the shaker, it is a container used to shake and roll the dice.
- House edge – This is the advantage the house has over the players. The best figure available to Sic Bo players is 2.78% and is available on the big and small bet.
- Lucky dice – A slang name for the game.
- Pair match – Another name for combination bets.
- Dealer – The dealer facilitates the game and is responsible for shaking and rolling the dice.
- Random Number Generator(RNG) – The software that determines the dice result of online Sic Bo games. As the name suggests, it generates random numbers.
Play Sic Bo Online
As with other casino games, Sic Bo is available to play on most online casino platforms. So with a stable internet connection and a mobile browser you could play from just about anywhere. The actual gameplay is not that different from the land-based casino experience. However, it’s important to pick a casino that you can trust. Make sure the platform is licensed and takes all security measures to protect your data.
Because a real person will be facilitating the game, live casino gaming is as close to the real experience as you could get. But even if you play regular online Sic Bo you’ve got nothing to worry about. The RNG software will make sure that the generated dice results are fair and unbiased. Of course, you can only trust the RNG as much as you trust the casino. So as long as the online casino of your choice is legitimate – you can trust the RNG, too.
Pro Tips for Sic Bo
Unlike craps, where you can still employ some strategy to affect your gameplay, Sic Bo is all about luck. Although there’s not much you can do in terms of increasing your chances of winning when it comes to games of chance, there are still a few things you could do to get the most out of your experience.
- Bets with low payout odds are more likely to win – And vice versa – the higher the payout, the lower the chance of winning that bet. As unexciting as it sounds, choosing safer bets will keep you playing longer and therefore offer more chances to win.
- Have a set budget – The best thing you could do is to set a budget and stick to it. This will help curb the possibility of significant losses and keep your personal finance in check.
- There are no lucky numbers, there is just chance – Sic Bo is purely a game of chance and you cannot increase winning odds by any means. Remember that no specific number is more likely to occur than others.
In a Nutshell
Although the Sic Bo game might seem a bit overwhelming at first, it is actually very simple and fun to play. However, one key step to fully enjoying it is to ensure that you understand all of your betting options. Moreover, remember that this is a game of chance and you should gamble responsibly. Set a budget and stick to it – this way you’ll avoid major losses. But most importantly, make sure to pick a safe gaming destination. You can find one that suits your needs on our casino reviews page where we evaluate the top 日本 platforms.
The cage, also known as a shaker, is a container used to shake and roll the dice.
The big and small bets are best for new players as they have a high probability of winning and a 1 to 1 payout, making them a fairly conservative option.
No. These bets are more pocket-draining due to the low probability of winning. It is safer to stick to the more conservative bets instead.
This is not advisable as the chances of winning are still going to be the same. Not forgetting the house edge, it is better to stick to your set budget.
No, this is a false narrative. Sic Bo is purely a game of chance and no specific number is more likely to occur than another.